1. Do you have ______________ or have ______________ ?
A. a sore back；a stomachache B. sore back；stomachache
C. a sore back；stomachache D. sore back；a stomachache
2.______________ youngest leader in China is ______________ man called Lu Hao.
A. The；a B.A；the C.A；a D. The；the
3. China is famous ______________ the Great Wall.
A.as B. with C. for D.at
4.______________ he is ill, ______________ he goes to school.
A. Although；but B. /；/
C. Although；/ D. But；although
5. I can’t ______________ that man, because he is too lazy.
A. stand B. like C. mind D. love
6. I agree ______________ you and I’ll help ______________ the housework.
A. with；with B. with；to
C. to；to D. with；at
7. —What are you going to do tomorrow afternoon?
—I’m not sure. I______________have a meeting.
A.may B.shall C.must D.can
8. There ______________ a meeting last Monday.
A. is B. was C. has D. had
9. There is no paper. We ______________ it yesterday.
A. ranout of B. run out of
C. run out D. ran out
10. — ______________ your father ______________ a newspaper when you got home?
A. Was；reading；he was B. Did；read；he did
C. Was；reading；he wasn’t D. Did；read；he didn’t
11. Eat ______________ fruit and vegetables but ______________ chocolate, and you can be healthier.
A.much；less B. more；less
C. much；little D.more；few
12. You helped make ______________ possible for me to become a writer.
A. that B. this C. it D. /
13.______________ of people are dancing over there. Two ______________ students are from our school.
A. Hundred；hundred B. Hundred；hundreds
C. Hundreds；hundred D. Hundreds；hundreds
14. —Mom, when can I go out to play football?
—Finish your homework first, or I ______________ let you go out.
A. don’t B. didn’t C. won’t D. haven’t
15. It was so ______________ this morning that all of cars moved slowly on the road.
A. windy B. sunny C. cloudy D. foggy
16. He finished ______________ his book last year, and now he is planning ______________ another new one.
A. writing；writing B.to write；to write
C.writing；to write D. to write；writing
17. —______________ do you ______________ sitcoms?
—I love them.
A. What；like B. What；think of
C. How；think of D. How；think
18. —What will you do if it ______________ rain tomorrow?
—I’m not sure.
A. isn’t B. doesn’t C. won’t D. don’t
19. —Thanks for your help.
A. No, thanks. B. Let me see.
C. It doesn’t matter. D. That’s OK.
20. I don’t know ______________.
A. how can I do it B. how to do it
C. what can I do D. how to do
A month after he was born, his mother noticed that his eyes weren’t as 21as a normal baby’s. ＂Billy will 22be able to see. He is blind. ＂The doctor said. Even so, with the hope to help Billy learn 23about the world around him, his mother kept telling everything she saw for him.
Not just through his mother’s words, Billy saw 24his ears and hands, too. He had perfect hearing. ＂In fact, he 25see many things that normal people don’t notice. ＂
26Billy lived in the dark, he always believed a dream would light up his life. He found that he was 27in computer science. So he began learning it at seven years old. As a young boy, he 28going to Stanford University some day. And for years of efforts, he finally achieved his dream.
Many people wanted to find out the secret of his 29. Billy explained, ＂Just move forward!Don’t let any difficulty 30your dream from coming true. ＂
You cannot choose what you are given, but you can choose how you make use of it.
21. A. big B. bigger C. biggest D. the biggest
22. A. no B. often C. never D. usually
23. A. all B. none C. neither D. both
24. A. between B. without C. among D. with
25. A. need B. can C. must D. should
26. A. Or B. If C. Although D. Before
27. A. bored B. worried C. kind D. interested
28. A. looked through B. looked for C. looked forward to D. looked up
29. A. success B. smile C. trouble D. eyes
30. A. wake B. stop C. leave D. throw
31. What can you buy in Bob’s store?
A. Milk. B. Sandwiches. C. Bananas. D. Banana milk shake.
32. What does the phrase ＂Your Second Home in Town＂ mean?
A. It looks like your home.
B. You can sleep there after dinner.
C. You can buy it as a second home.
D. You can relax and enjoy the food just like at home.
33. How many hours does Bob usually work every day?
A. 9 hours. B. 10 hours. C. 12 hours. D. 11 hours.
34. If you want to buy two at 9:00 in the morning, how much will you pay?
A. $30. B. $6. C. $15. D. $24.
35. Bob is thinking of taking a trip for two days. When is the best time for him according to the following calendar?
A. June 3rd and 4th. B. June 4th and 5th.
C. June 18th and 19th. D. June 11th and 12th.
A good way to pass an examinationis to work hard every day in the year. You may fail in the examination if you are lazy for most of the year and then work hard only a few days before the examination. If you are taking an English examination, don’t learn only rules of grammar.
Try to read stories in English and speak in English whenever you can. A few days before examination you should start going to bed early. Do not stay up late at night studying and learning things. Before you start the examination, read carefully over the examination paper. Try to understand the exact meaning of each question before you pick up your pen to write. When you have finished your examination at last, read your answers, correct any mistake that you see and make sure that you have not missed anything out.
36. How do you know to pass an examination?
A. Work hard every day in a year.
B. Work hard many days in a year.
C. Work hard most of time in a year.
D. Work hard only before the examination.
37. If you are going to take an examination, ____________.
A. study hard and sleep less
B. get up early and do a lot of reading
C. go to bed early and have a good rest
D. go to bed late and get up late
38. What should you do when you have finished the examination?
A. Pick up your pen and write at once.
B. Go over your paper before you hand it in.
C. After you finish the examination, hand in at once.
D. Try to understand every word while you are reading.
39. What should you do if you want to learn English well according to the passage?
A. Speak more, listen less, never write.
B. Speak less, write more, never listen.
C. Read more, listen more, speak less.
D. Read and speak as much as possible.
40. What does ＂missed...out＂mean according to the passage?
A. 遗漏 B. 增补 C. 缺乏 D. 丰富
41. Jerry is a super fan of cars. His father bought him lots of model cars. But he wants to know more about them.
42.Communication technologymakes the world smaller and smaller. It’s so amazing that Jenny would like to learn something about the history of it.
43. Bob plans to go for a holiday to a western country to improve his knowledge about the history of some ancient countries.
44. Daisy learns Chinese hard and wants to go to China to learn about the country and its history.
45. Ken likes science very much. He wants to know something about the Energy Machine and the history of it.
A. Shanghai Science and Technology Museum has 13 main exhibitions and 4 science theaters. Lights of Exploration is one of them and it shows human scientific achievement in the 20th century.
B. Shanghai Auto Museum is the first museum with a wide range of exhibits including hundreds of cars from China and other countries. It’s a place where children can learn how the car works.
C. Hong Kong Science Museum covers a wide range of science and food science. The biggest exhibit is the Energy Machine. Victors can learn about science there.
D. Nanjing Museum is one of the largest museums in China. It’s just like a Chinese history book. You can find what Chinese people used and how they lived in the past.
E. British Museum is a museum in London which tells human history and culture. You may find the history of ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome and even China. It’s free for every visitor.
F. The communication Museum is a part of Macao Post, which brings knowledge of communications to visitors. You can enjoy the history of Macao Post, collections of stamps and communication instruments.
G. Chemical Industry Museum of China shows the development of China’s chemical industry. It’s an interesting place for children to learn more about chemistry by watching all kinds of experiments.
Once, 46.________ old lion loved a girl, so he went to the girl’s parents with many 47.________ (present) and asked them to marry (嫁）her to him.
The parents didn’t like the idea of 48.________ (give) their daughter to the lion but they didn’t want49.________ (make) the lion angry.
Finally, the father said, ＂We are glad to marry 50.________ daughter to you, but can you promise 51.________ (move) away your claws (爪子) and teeth? ＂The lion loved the girl very much, 52.________ he moved away his claws and teeth.
On the 53.________ (two) day, when he came to the parents, they just laughed at him and drove him away.
The lion was angry, but he didn’t have claws and teeth. He 54.________ (realize) that he shouldn’t believe (相信）them 55.________ (easy) and give up his claws and teeth.
Mother’s Day is celebrated in the USA. It is also a holiday in some other countries. It is on the second Sunday in May. It is a day to thank mothers. On that day mothers usually receive flowers or cards. On the cards, children will write ＂Thanks, Mom＂, ＂To the best mother in the world＂, ＂Best wishes for Mother’s Day＂ and so on. We should make mothers happy on that day.
Where does the idea for the holiday come from? We should thank Miss Anna M. Jarvis. She brought up the idea of having such a day. She lived in West Virginia. Her mother died on May 9th, 1905.She had a deep love for her mother. She wrote letters to some important persons. In her letters she asked them to decide a day for all mothers. Then Mother’s Day was made on the second Sunday in May by the USA in 1913.
In China, children give presents to their mothers on Mother’s Day, or the whole family go out and try to do something nice for their mothers. Because mothers always think of others more than themselves. They love their children and families very much. Everybody should show his love to his mother and help her as much as possible.
The date of Mother’s Day
On 56 .
What mothers usually receive on Mother’s Day
On Mother’s Day in China
Children give presents to their mothers. The whole family go out and 58 for their mothers.
Why did Anna M. Jarvis write letters?
Because she 59 .
Whom did she write to?