cc518学习网精品学习资料总目录

For example, adolescent boys are more likely to buy computer games than any other group, so it makes sense to make computer game ads that appeal to this group.

【句式翻译】例如,进入青春期的男孩子就可能比任何其他人群更愿意购买电脑游戏,因此,针对这个目标群体制作有吸引力的电脑游戏广告是有意义的。

【句式分析】本句是一个含有so引导表示结果的复合句,同时又含有一个than引导的比较状语从句。

【词语点拨】

1)likely adj. 可能的,常用于句型:sb/sth be likely to do= it is likely that… 可能……

He’s very likely to send me an email tonight.=It’s very likely that he’ll send me an email tonight.

很可能他今晚会给我发电子邮件。

2) make sense 有意义;讲得通;make sense of 理解

I can’t follow these instructions -- they don’tmake sense.

我不理解这些指示--根本讲不通嘛。

We read the sentence through, but could not make sense of it.

我们我们把句子看了一遍, 但不明白它说些什么。

3) appeal to 吸引;

appeal to sb. for sth/appeal to sb. to do sth 呼吁某人干某事;求助于

Blue and red appeal to me, but I don’t like gray or yellow.

我喜欢蓝色和红色, 而不喜欢灰色或黄色。

Jack sincerely appealed to his friends to support him.

杰克真切地向朋友请求支持。

We can appeal to the website for the information we need.

我们可以在网上查找我们需要的信息。

【语法点拨】本句中的than any other…,意为“比其他任何一个……”,所谈论的对象在比较的范围之内;若不在范围之内,则不用 other。如:

China is larger than any other country in Asia.

中国比亚洲任何别的国家都大。

China is larger than any country in Africa.

中国比非洲的任何国家都大。

长难句解析实例手把手教会你