聚会,人们常欢聚一堂,开怀畅饮。在喝酒之前喜欢先碰一下杯,这个习惯现在遍及全世界 。


  Bottoms up!干杯!


 在参加聚会或者庆祝活动时,我们在举杯之前习惯说Cheers!来表示“干杯”的意思。此外,toast [təʊst]也有“干杯”的意思,如:


Let's toast!我们干杯吧!

I'd like to propose a toast to the bride and groom.

我提议为新娘新郎干杯。

All of us drank a toast to the bride and bridegroom.

大伙向新娘新郎敬酒。


Lavalais raised his glass to propose a toast to the newlyweds.


拉瓦雷举起酒杯,提议为新婚夫妇干杯。

He rounds off by proposing a toast to the attendants.

他向来宾祝酒,圆满结束了活动。

Allow me to propose a toast.; With your permission, I'll propose a toast.

请充许我祝酒。


The committee drank a toast to the new project.

委员会为这项新计划干杯。

The happy couple were toasted in champagne.

人们举起香槟酒为这对幸福的伉俪干杯。

We toasted the success of the new company.

我们为新公司的成功干杯。

Party officials and generals toasted his health.

政党官员与军队将领为他的健康举杯祝酒。

Eleanor and I drank a toast to Miss Jacobs

我和埃莉诺向雅各布斯小姐敬酒。

At the end of the meal Burgoyne was asked to propose a toast.

用餐终了,伯戈因被邀请致祝酒词。

He filled everyone's cup and proposed a toast to the guests.

他给每个人满上了酒,建议为来宾们干一杯。

I propose a toast to the friendship between the peoples of the two countries.


我提议为两国人民的友谊干杯。


 注意:老外举起酒杯的时候,除了说Cheers!以外,也常说:


Bottoms up!

used to express good wishes when drinking alcohol, or to tell sb to finish their drink

这句话的字面意思是“让杯子底部朝上”,引申为“干杯”。


  【同类表达】


  Here's to your health!为了您的健康干杯!

  I'd like to propose a toast!我提议干一杯!

对话练习

  A: I'm delighted that you can stay with me. Bottoms up!

  B: Cheers!

  A: Friday night is joy night.

  B: Let's forget the annoying work and have some fun.


  A:我真高兴你能留下来陪我。干杯!


  B:干杯!

  A:周五晚上是欢乐之夜。

  B:让我们忘记恼人的工作,好好享受一下吧。


  A: Here's to your health!


  B: Cheers!

  A: How about a refill?

  B: No, thanks. This whiskey is strong. I feel a little tipsy. [ˈtɪpsi]


  A:为了您的健康,我们干一杯!


  B:干杯!

  A:再来一杯怎么样?

  B:不了,谢谢。这威士忌酒劲儿挺冲的,我有点醉了。


  ♦询问别人是否想要再喝一杯的时候,可以问How about a refill?这里的refill意为“续杯”。


He refilled her glass.

他又给她斟满了一杯。

I refilled our wine glasses.

我再次斟满了我们的酒杯。

He held out his glass for an old waiter to refill.

他把杯子递给一个老服务生重新续杯。


Max held out his cup for a refill.


马克斯递过杯子来要再续一杯。


  ♦tipsy [ˈtɪpsi]的意思是“微醉的”。

I'm feeling a bit tipsy.

我感觉有点微醉。

He is a bit tipsy.

他已经有几分醉意了。