并列连词：并列连词连接两个并列的成分 (公式 简单句/词 + 并列连词 + 简单句/词)
从属连词：连接状语从句/宾语从句的连词 (公式 主句+从属连词+状语从句/宾语从句)
1. 表并列关系的连词：and；both…and…；not only…but also…；neither…nor…[来源:学科网ZXXK]
1) and “和，并且”用来连接对等关系的词和词，短语和短语，句子和句子
I enjoy basketball , football and table tennis.
The weather becomes colder and colder.
Both Jim and Kate are from England.
You can’t speak both German and English.
Both my father and my mother aren’t doctors.
Neither I nor he has seen the play before.
4) not only…but also…不但…而且…
not only…but also…连接两个主语，谓语动词就近原则。
Not only the mother but also the children are ill.
2. 表转折关系的连词：but, however, yet, still，while等
Mary was a nice girl, but she had one shortcoming.
Tom got up early, yet he failed to catch the train.
He was very tired, still he kept on walking.
Your composition is fairly good, however, there is still some room for improvement.
Jane is hard working, while her sister is quite lazy.
3. 表选择关系的连词: or, either…or…,whether… or…等
or 表示 “或” 的意思，使用于两者之中选择一个的时候。[来源:学+科+网]
----Is your friend English or American?
He doesn’t like dumplings or noodles.
Either you or I am right.
Does either she or they like English?
She isn’t either a student or a teacher.
She is always cheerful, whether at home or at school.
He is not at school today, for he has a bad cold.
It was late, so I went home.
此时and=if you…,you’ll…； or =if you don’t …,you’ll …
Go straight on, and you’ll see the library.
=If you go straight on, you will see the library.
Hurry up, or you’ll be late.
=If you don’t hurry up, you’ll be late.
1(语法填空)I work not because I have to,________because 1 want to.
2.(语法填空)Small amounts of caffeine--a cup ________ two of coffee a day--seem safe for most people.
3.(语法填空)But gold was discovered there in 1897.________ two years later, it was one of the largest cities in the West, with a population of 30,000.
4.Suddenly a football fell in front of me but almost hit me.
5.I reconsidered my goal or decided to be a doctor.
1.Try to read stories you like in English whenever you can, ________you will see more progress over time.
2.Fortune often knocks at the door, ________the the fool does not invite her in.
3.Don't turn off the computer before closing all programs, ________ you could have problems.
4.Some animals carry the seeds of plants from one place to another, _____the plants can spread to new places.
5.She never gives up whatever difficulty she meets,________ she has an iron will.
6.It is often not their age ______their education that causes misunderstanding between them.
7.It is known to all that knowledge makes humble _______ignorance makes proud.
8.Read this story,________you will realize that not everything can be bought with money.
9.It is your choice!Either you come to my place_______I go to yours.
10.We were supposed to receive a warm welcome, but the host was________friendly nor hospitable.
1. I thought we'd be late for the concert,so we ended up getting there ahead of time.
2. The artist was born poor,or poor he remained all his life.
3. Mary does every single bit of housework since her husband Bob just does the dishes at times.
4. Find ways to praise your children often,or you'll find they will open their hearts to you.
5. We'd like to go and thank him ourselves,we don't have his address.
6. I will go on business either this week nor next week.
7. Because it is raining heavily,so we don't go to school.
8. Don't stand close,but you'll be fined.
9. Even if I fail again,but I will not lose heart.
10. With little sleep and hardly any break,so she works from morning till night.
When police found Barely, 19 years old, living in a tent, instead of a dormitory in Gordon State University,
they were prepared to drive him away. Then they heard his story.Barely had planned to walk to college (1)_____he couldn't afford a bus ticket, (2)______ it would be too tiring. (3)______he rode six hours from his hometown [来源:Zxxk.Com]
on his little brother's bike, carrying all his possessions---a bag, a tent, two bottles of water (4)________a box offood --- in order to start his second year (5) _______a biology major. He arrived early to look for a job,
(6) _________ no luck. Touched by his story, Officer Richard (7)_______ his partner put Barely up at a motel with their own money. Word spread (8)________soon people donated clothes,school supplies
(9)________money to cover the rest of his motel stay---he was even given a job. (10)_______ then there was Casey, who started a GoFundMe page for Barely after spending time with him. “This kid, though weak in appearance, rode a bike for 6 hours in the hot weather. I thought that he is determined.”She wrote on her Facebook page. The fun reached $184,000, all of which went into an education trust for Barely.
1. but 2. or 3. and 4. and 5. and
1. and 2. or 3. or 4. so 5. for 6. but 7. while 8. and 9. or 10. neither
1. but 2, and 3. while 4. and 5. +and 6. or 7. 去掉so 8. or 9. 去掉but 10.去掉so
IV.语篇语法填空答案： 1. for/since/because/as 2. but 3. so 4. and 5. as 6. but 7. and 8. and 9. and 10.And