London Tour and Attraction Pass Tickets
Tickets to Attractions
With this London Attraction Pass, you can benefit from our sightseeing bus tour plus three top London attractions—Madame Tussauds, London Eye and Sea Life London. The best part is that you don’t need to visit all three attractions in one day. Once you have bought your London attractions ticket package, you have 30 days to visit each attraction so you can spread visits out across your trip.
So many amazing galleries in London! There are plenty of photo opportunities with the London Tour and Attraction Pass. With so many things to do, you’ll have lots of pictures to share with families and friends.
Plan Your Visit
With our London 72 hour Bus Ticket, you will be able to get to one attraction per day with ease. Your tickets are valid for entry within 30 days after you have bought them and you can use them before, after or on the same day as your bus tour.
Madame Tussauds: Marylebone, next to Baker Street
London Eye: Southbank
Sea Life London: Southbank
Madame Tussauds: Times vary between 9 am—6 pm
London Eye: Times vary between 10 am—9:30 pm
Sea Life London: Opening times vary between 9:30 am—7 pm
Madame Tussauds: Wheelchair friendly but book your seat in advance.
London Eye: Only two wheelchairs per capsule and a maximum of 8 at any one time. You must book a disabled seat in advance.
Sea Life London. Full wheelchairs are accessible.
21. How long can London attractions ticket package be used?
A. 30 days. B. 72 hours. C. 1 week. D. 24 hours.
22. What can you share with your family after visiting galleries?
A. Artworks. B. Books. C. Paintings. D. Photos.
23. What should the disabled do when visiting London Eye?
A. Visit London Eye after 10 pm. B. Book a disabled seat in advance.
C. Buy a London 72 hour Bus Ticket. D. Reach Marylebone as early as possible.
21.A 【解析】细节理解题。根据文章第一部分“Tickets to Attractions”最后一句内容“Once you have bought your London attractions ticket package, you have 30 days to visit each attraction so you can spread visits out across your trip.”可知，游客一旦购买了景点的套票，就有30天的时间参观每个景点。故选A项。
22. D【解析】细节理解题。根据文章第二部分“Gallery”内容“So many amazing galleries in London! There are plenty of photo opportunities with the London Tour and Attraction Pass. With so many things to do, you’ll have lots of pictures to share with families and friends.(伦敦有这么多令人惊叹的画廊！在伦敦旅游和景点通行证上有很多拍照的机会。有这么多的事情要做，你会有很多照片与家人和朋友分享。)”可知，艺术馆之旅结束后，旅游者可以与家人、朋友分享照片。故选D项。
23.B 【解析】细节理解题。根据文章最后一部分“Accessibility”内容“London Eye: Only two wheelchairs per capsule and a maximum of 8 at any one time. You must book a disabled seat in advance.(伦敦眼：每个太空舱只有两个轮椅，每次最多8个。你必须预先为残疾人预订座位。)”可知，残疾人员去伦敦眼玩的时候，要提前预订残疾人士的座位。故选B项。
Some people have glibly（轻率地）called it the "Chinese burger." But roujiamo, a food that has its origins in northern China's Shaanxi Province, is different from what you'd order at Burger King, with a far longer 2,000-year-old history. Roujiamo is a thing of beauty — a soft but chewy bun filled with small pieces of braised（炖）pork.
Most amazingly, some customers might show their respect for the pork in this little bun, which was just bathed in the soup that is older than them. Among a sea of tough competition, Lijiarongxi, a restaurant recognized as the best roujiamo place in town, should owe its success to the soup used to slow-cook its meat, which has been braised on the stove since the founder, Mr. Li, first braised it 27years ago. In fact, most restaurants of good fame have an exclusive heritage recipe（家传秘方）for their soups that often date back to decades ago. The soup in Fanji Roujiamo, one of Xi'an's best-known roujiamo restaurants, is believed to be more than 80 years old!
You might eat the bun quickly in seconds, but like all good things, it should be given time to enjoy. Chefs braise the pork in its decade-old soup for hours and let it sit overnight, making the meat more tender. Such tenderly cooked meat is what lends this dish the nickname "lao han xi" in Xianyang. That's because the best roujiamo meat is so soft that it should melt in your mouth without having to chew it — imagining the elderly customers in question, without a perfect set of teeth.
It's also worth noting that like most types of regional Chinese food, roujiamo varies depending on the city and community. Buns come baked or pan-fried, and for the meat, Muslim communities in Shaanxi often use beef, while people in Ningxia usually choose lamb.
24. What is right about roujiamo?
A. A soft but chewy bun with meat.
B. A pork bun with a history less than 2,000 years.
C. A kind of food ordered at Burger King.
D. A typical burger originating in Shaanxi Province.
25. What is the main factor that makes roujiamo amazing?
A. A sea of fierce competition. B. The softness of the meat.
C. The soup used to braise the meat. D. Its exclusive heritage recipes.
26. What does the nickname "lao han xi" suggest in Paragraph 3?
A. The decade-old soup is so attractive that the old feel like bathing in it.
B. The meat gets soft and is friendly for the old to eat, making them happy.
C. The meat turns tough after being braised in its decade-old soup for hours.
D. The meat melts in the mouth of the old, who sigh for not tasting it successfully.
27. What are the tones of the passage?
A. Humorous and affectionate. B. Ridiculous and religious.
C. Serious but affectionate. D. Humorous but ridiculous.
24.A 【解析】细节理解题。根据第一段最后一句，“Roujiamo is a thing of beauty — a soft but chewy bun filled with small pieces of braised（炖）pork.”（肉夹馍是一种美的东西，一种软且有嚼劲且又充满了小肉块的东西），可知，肉夹馍是夹带肉且有嚼劲的饼。故选A。
25. C【解析】细节理解题。根据第二段第一句，“Most amazingly, some customers might show their respect for the pork in this little bun, which was just bathed in the soup that is older than them.”（最令人震惊的是，有些顾客可能还得对这个圆饼里的猪肉表示敬意，因为它们刚刚从汤龄比他们还大的肉汤中沐浴出来），可知，人们震惊的是，炖肉的汤时间长。故选C。
26. B【解析】推理判断题。根据第三段最后一句，也就是该该昵称的下一句，“That’s because the best roujiamo meat is so soft that it should melt in your mouth without having to chew it— imagining the elderly customers in question, without a perfect set of teeth.”（这是因为肉夹馍的肉是如此的嫩以致于达到入口即化程度，不用咀嚼它，想象一下没有好的牙齿的那些老年人），可知，肉夹馍之所以得名“老汉喜”，是因为肉不需要咀嚼，很适合年老的没有牙齿的老年人。故选B。
27. A【解析】推理判断题。根据第二段第一句，“Most amazingly, some customers might show their respect for the pork in this little bun, which was just bathed in the soup that is older than them”，（最令人震惊的是，有些顾客可能还得对这个圆饼里的猪肉表示敬意，因为它们刚刚从汤龄比他们还大的肉汤中沐浴出来），这句介绍顾客对这个小肉饼毕恭毕敬，是因为很可能里面的肉馅刚刚从比他们还年长的肉汤中沐浴出来；再根据第三段介绍肉馅的入口即化时，引用当地为肉夹馍取的昵称“老汉喜”，通俗接地气，又在解释后引导读者想象这么一个画面——介绍了这么一款入口即化的美食，牙口不好的众老年人疑惑连连。因此可知，文章风格是幽默，字里行间看得出作者对这种传统食品的喜爱之情。故选A。
In Judgement Day, one of the hit film series Terminator, a cyborg (生化人) played by Schwarzenegger could heal his skin wound magically, that is, he makes the skin repair itself in less than a second. Recently, according to Mirror, a smart electronic skin like it has been developed, which is as strong, stretchy and sensitive as humans'.
Previous attempts to "electronically" copy human skin have fallen short. Making suitably flexible electronics that can perform delicate tasks while also enduring the bumps and scrapes of everyday life is challenging, and each material involved must be carefully engineered. The previous sensor layer was too weak or too strong, reducing its durability, sensitivity or flexibility, which makes it more likely to break.
With the development of 2D sensors and hydrogel (水凝胶), scientists' efforts paid off, linking sensor layer with skin functionally and durably. Study author Dr Jie Shen said, "Hydrogels are more than 70 percent water, making them very compatible (相容的) with human skin tissues. By prestretching the hydrogel in all directions, applying a layer of nano（纳米）wires, and then carefully controlling its release, we created conductive pathways to the sensor layer that remained complete even when the material was stretched to 28 times its original size. Meanwhile, skin electronics kept changing at a spectacular pace."
This e-skin can sense temperature and touch from up to 8 inches away, react to things in under one tenth of a second and repair itself more than 5,000 times. The new invention could help monitor a range of biological information, including changes in blood pressure. While the first port of call is medical, the e-skin could benefit a wide range of products one day, such as monitoring the structural condition of furniture and planes.
28. Why is a cyborg in Judgement Day mentioned in Paragraph l?
A. To introduce the topic. B. To inform the background.
C. To advertise the hit film. D. To recommend Schwarzenegger.
29. What made the previous attempts fall short?
A. The delicate tasks.
B. The unsuitable sensor layer.
C. The bumps and scrapes of everyday life.
D. The compatibility with human skin tissues.
30. What can we infer about the e-skin from the last paragraph?
A. It can sense and react exactly like humans' skin.
B. It may be used to check the condition of bridges.
C. It can make human beings live as long as they want.
D. It will turn human beings into cyborgs that never die.
31. Which could be the best title for the passage?
A. Electronic skin has a wide range of applications.
B. Hydrogel contributes to developing electronic skin.
C. Attempts to develop electronic skin have fallen short.
D. Smart electronic skin has been developed by scientists.
28.A 【解析】推理判断题。根据第一段的最后一句，“Recently, according to Mirror, a smart electronic skin like it has been developed, which is as strong, stretchy and sensitive as humans'.”（最近，根据Mirror介绍，一种像它一样的智能电子皮肤已经研发出来了，它像人类皮肤一样结实，有弹性和敏感），可知，本句是文章主题，本句中代词it代指上文的电影中的人物 “一个生化人”，因此上文提到的热门电影，只是为了引出此话题。故选A。
29.B 【解析】细节理解题。根据文章第二段，“The previous sensor layer was too weak or too strong, reducing its durability, sensitivity or flexibility, which makes it more likely to break.”（先前的感应层要不太脆要不太硬，这就降低了其持久度、敏感度和灵活性，这使它更容易断），可知，先前使其功亏一篑的是找不到合适的感应层。故选B。
30.B 【解析】推理判断题。第四段最后一句“While the first port of call is medical, the e-skin could benefit a wide range of products one day, such as monitoring the structural condition of furniture and planes.”（尽管电子皮肤的首次目标是医疗方面，但是这种电子皮肤终有一天能给各种各样的产品带来益处，比如监测家具和飞机的结构情况），可知，电子皮肤可能会被用去检测桥梁的情况。故选B。
31. D 【解析】主旨大意题。根据第一段“Recently, according to Mirror, a smart electronic skin like it has been developed, which is as strong, stretchy and sensitive as humans'.”（据Mirror介绍，最近研发出了一种类似的智能电子皮肤，它和人类的皮肤一样坚韧、有弹性和敏感）结合全文内容，可知本文主要讲了科学家们近期研发出智能电子皮肤，并介绍了其研发所遇到的困难、突破和使用前景，所以D项，“科学家们研发了智能电子皮肤”，符合题意，最适合作文章标题。故选D。
Parking your car in a parking garage has a lot of advantages. You do not have to constantly move your car for alternate side parking, or snow removal, and you do not have to go in and out of your vehicle in unpleasant weather. Now, in Munich, Germany, there is an additional benefit--artificial intelligence can reward drivers for not using their cars.
A trial program, led by UK-based Fetch. ai and Datarella, a German company, at a downtown Munich office building, uses AI to communicate with drivers to tell them when the garage is filling up and a price increase will go into effect, or suggest that drivers find an alternative place to park. Actually, it can be used as a motivation for people to leave their cars and use environmentally-friendly methods of transportation. People who do not use their cars to commute to work will be rewarded with public transit passes.
The AI is based on a multi-agent technology where agents can perform specific tasks and by communication with each other, sort out complex situations. The drivers' apps will be programmed to know when the cars will be in use and the parking garage agent will tap into a camera system that will analyze the amount of spaces and then set the price accordingly. Then the drivers can decide whether and where to park through the apps.
The city council（议会）made some comments on the new project: it is still immature but it is likely to improve parking space management and organize traffic flow to prevent traffic jams. "Our system encourages community use of public transport or other sustainable transportation through a distribution system while reducing the congestion（拥堵）that accounts for a great deal of Munich's CO2 emissions（排放）," Michael Reuter, CEO of Datarella said.
Even a 10 percent reduction of car use will save 37, 000 tons of emission. That is the equivalent emissions of all yearly energy use for 4, 000 homes.
While the system is being trialed in only one garage, Fetch. ai plans to expand the trial to other parking garages around the city in 2021.
32. What does the trial program encourage drivers to do?
A. Avoid public transport. B. Use green transportation.
C. Pay more for the parking. D. Park in traditional garages.
33. What is paragraph 3 mainly about?
A. How parking prices are increased. B. How drivers benefit from parking.
C. How normal parking garages operate. D. How the AI parking system works.
34. What is the city council's attitude towards the project?
A. Generally positive. B. Extremely worried.
C. Barely hopeful. D. Totally admiring.
35. What is the best title for the text?
A. You Will Be Rewarded for Not Parking.
B. Parking Your Car in the Garage Matters.
C. A Parking Garage Is Using AI for Parking.
D. A Trial Parking System Is Expanding Fast.
32.B 【解析】细节理解题。根据文章第二段中“it can be used as a motivation for people to leave their cars and use environmentally-friendly methods of transportation.（它可以作为一种激励，让人们不使用他们的汽车，而是使用环保的交通方式。）”可知，试验项目是鼓励人们乘坐环保的交通工具去上班。故选B。
33. D 【解析】主旨大意题。文章第三段中提到“The AI is based on a multi-agent technology where agents can perform specific tasks and by communication with each other, sort out complex situations. The drivers' apps will be programmed to know when the cars will be in use and the parking garage agent will tap into a camera system that will analyze the amount of spaces and then set the price accordingly. Then the drivers can decide whether and where to park through the apps. （人工智能基于多智能体技术，这些智能体可以执行特定的任务，并通过相互通信，解决复杂的情况。司机的应用程序将被编程，以知道汽车何时开始使用；停车场智能体将进入一个摄像系统，分析车位数量，然后据此设定价格。然后司机可以通过应用程序决定是否停车以及停在哪里。）”由此可知，该段是说明人工智能停车系统是如何运作的。故选D。
34. A 【解析】推理判断题。文章第四段中提到“The city council（议会）made some comments on the new project: it is still immature but it is likely to improve parking space management and organize traffic flow to prevent traffic jams.”市议会认为新项目仍然不成熟，但它可能会改善车位管理，组织车流，防止交通堵塞。由此可以推断，市议会对该项目整体上是肯定的态度。故选A。
35. C 【解析】主旨大意题。通读全文，文章第二段提出“A trial program, …uses AI to communicate with drivers”一个试验项目，利用人工智能和司机交流，告知司机车库停车情况；第三段中提到“The AI is based on a multi-agent technology”，说明这种人工智能技术是如何运作的；第四段提到市议会对这一新项目的态度。因此文章是关于停车场使用人工智能系统管理停车服务的试验项目的情况。所以短文的最佳标题为“一个停车场正在使用人工智能来停车”。故选C。
In the globalizing world, you're likely to receive some kind of encouragement to travel, study or work abroad. It may seem like you have a lot going on. As a result, you don't seriously consider these chances. Actually, you should think about them carefully, especially traveling abroad. 36.
You'll get out of your comfort zone. At home, you interact with your family members, your neighbors or your good friends. 37. Traveling in a foreign country, with different people, who hold different values, takes all that familiarity and comfort away. It can be scary, but once you figure out you can connect with people despite differences, you become more competent.
38. As you overcome the obstacles（障碍）of figuring out how to use public transit in a foreign country, or asking for simple things in a grocery store, you are building up confidence in adapting in foreign situations. You realize that you can do things despite the obstacles and suddenly the obstacles seem more like welcomed challenges.
You'll develop cultural sensitivity. 39. This is because it can help us understand international issues and avoid conflicts. Therefore, it's important to look for underlying values that may explain a certain behavior to practise cultural sensitivity. When you travel abroad, you have the chances to observe different cultural values and traditions, which helps you to develop cultural sensitivity.
You'll adapt to globalization. With the Internet and social media, we are globalizing quickly. It is likely that you get a job that has you travel for business or make conference calls with international business partners. 40. Use the confidence and cultural sensitivity that traveling helps you develop to succeed.
A. You'll become more confident.
B. You'll become sensitive to challenges.
C. Here are some tips on traveling abroad.
D. You are comfortable in these familiar relationships.
E.Being culturally sensitive is vital in our globalizing world.
F.And there are enough reasons why you should choose to travel abroad.
G.In the business world, the experiences of traveling abroad can give you a competitive edge.
36.F 根据上文“Actually, you should think about them carefully, especially traveling abroad. ”（实际上，你应该仔细考虑，尤其是出国旅行。）可知，F项“And there are enough reasons why you should choose to travel abroad.”你有充足的理由选择出国旅行，其中travel abroad与前文especially traveling abroad形成呼应结构。故选F项。
37.D 根据上文“At home, you interact with your family members, your neighbors or your good friends. ”（在家里，你可以与家人，邻居或好朋友互动。）及空后“Traveling in a foreign country, with different people, who hold different values, takes all that familiarity and comfort away.”（在异国旅行，与拥有不同价值观的不同人一起旅行，将没有这些熟悉和舒适。）可知，D项“You are comfortable in these familiar relationships.”你在这些熟悉的关系中感到很舒适，其中 comfortable与下文takes all that familiarity and comfort away相呼应。故选D项。
38.A 根据下文“you are building up confidence in adapting in foreign situations”（你正在建立适应外国环境的信心）可知，A项“You'll become more confident.”你会变得更自信，其中more confident与下文building up confidence形成呼应结构，起到引领本段的作用。故选A项。
39.E 根据上文“You'll develop cultural sensitivity. ”（你会增强文化敏感性。）可知，E项“Being culturally sensitive is vital in our globalizing world.”在不断全球化的世界里，保持文化上的敏感度是至关重要的，其中Being culturally sensitive与上文cultural sensitivity相呼应，起到承上启下的作用。故选E项。
40.G 根据上文“It is likely that you get a job that has you travel for business or make conference calls with international business partners. ”（你可能会找到一份工作，出差或与国际商业伙伴进行电话会议。）可知，G项“In the business world, the experiences of traveling abroad can give you a competitive edge.”在商业领域，出国旅行的经历可以给你带来竞争优势，其中In the business world与上文travel for business or make conference calls with international business partners形成呼应结构，符合本段语境。故选G项。
An eagle-eyed police officer called “Memory Cop” has used his face recognition skills to catch 2,100 suspects—including those wearing face masks.
His name is Andy Pope who is famous for a photographic 41 , which means he can recall 42 from images years after he has seen them.
His 43 skill has seen him catch suspects for 44 which range from robbery, terrorism and 45 murder since 2012.
The 4 6 recognizer had spotted 1,000 criminals by 2018. Though his skill is “ 47 to explain”, his judgments based on his instinct(直觉) are usually right.
Last year, his 48 led to 406 people being caught, including 16 in 49 one day, and this year the 43-year-old has managed to help 50 over a hundred suspects and has even identified 51 criminals who were wearing 52 during the pandemic.
Andy, who works for West Midlands Police, says he has kept 53 instinct to catch criminals in spite of face coverings making them 54 to catch than ever before.
His skill has led to the officer being a 55 in the Against All Odds category of the Amplifon Awards For Brave Britons 2020. Winners in some of the other fields included well-known Manchester United soccer 56 and “free kids meals” hero Marcus Rashford, as well as NHS fundraiser Captain Sir Tom Moore.
Averaging one recognition every other shift, he also 57 one of the first 20 people in the world to form part of the Super Recognisers Association in 58 for his wonderful ability.
Although it’s been a year like no other, he has still 59 on as usual with the same preparation coming on to a shift. It is important for him to 60 in catching criminals as usual and keeping the public safe.
41. A. introduction B. scenery C. memory D. action
42. A. legs B. hands C. chests D. faces
43. A. exact B. unusual C. unfair D. up-dated
44. A. crimes B. mistakes C. movements D. conducts
45. A. exhausted B. attempted C. threatened D. understood
46. A. weak B. little C. super D. healthy
47. A. able B. fundamental C. impossible D. illegal
48. A. score B. exam C. order D. ability
49. A. yet B. just C. still D. hardly
50. A. arrest B. meet C. think D. go
51. A. admitted B. controlled C. wanted D. followed
52. A. masks B. glasses C. coats D. caps
53. A. living on B. working at C. looking for D. depending on
54. A. harder B. professional C. happier D. nicer
55. A. loss B. success C. leader D. cheat
56. A. shop B. match C. star D. image
57. A. memorized B. became C. ensured D. grasped
58. A. patent B. administration C. suspect D. recognition
59. A. carried B. relied C. written D. looked
40. A. consist B. believe C. reduce D. assist
41. C 【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意：他的名字叫安迪·波普，他以照片识别能力而闻名，这意味着他能在多年后回忆起照片中的面孔。A. introduction介绍；B. scenery风景；C. memory记忆力；记性；D. action行动；行为。根据后文“which means he can recall ___42___ from images years after he has seen them”可知，他能回忆起多年前看到的面孔，说明他对于人脸的记忆力很好，且与“recall”相呼应，应是C项“memory”。故选C项。
42. D 【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意：他的名字叫安迪·波普，他以照片识别能力而闻名，这意味着他能在多年后回忆起照片中的面孔。A. legs腿；B. hands手；C. chests胸部；胸膛；D. faces脸；面庞。根据前文“An eagle-eyed police officer called ‘Memory Cop’ has used his face recognition skills to catch 2,100 suspects—including those wearing face masks.”可知，这位警官利用他的面部识别技能逮捕了2100名嫌疑人，其中包括那些戴着面具的人，说明他可以回忆出见过的人（脸），且与前文“his face recognition skills”中“face recognition”相呼应，该空应是D项“faces”。故选D项。
43. B【解析】考查形容词词义辨析。句意：自2012年以来，他非凡的技能已经让他抓住了抢劫、恐怖主义和谋杀未遂等犯罪嫌疑人。A. exact精确的；准确的；严谨的；B. unusual不同寻常的；C. unfair不公平的；D. up-dated更新的；现代化的。根据前文“An eagle-eyed police officer called ‘Memory Cop’ has used his face recognition skills to catch 2,100 suspects—including those wearing face masks.”可知，这位警官利用他的面部识别技能逮捕了2100名嫌疑人，其中包括那些戴着面具的人，这是一种不同寻常的能力。故选B项。
44. A 【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意：自2012年以来，他非凡的技能已经让他抓住了抢劫、恐怖主义和谋杀未遂等犯罪嫌疑人。A. crimes罪行；犯罪；B. mistakes错误；C. movements运动；移动；D. conducts行为；举止。根据后文定语从句“which range from robbery, terrorism and ___45___ murder since 2012”可知，“robbery(抢劫；盗窃)”，“terrorism(恐怖主义)”等应是一些犯罪行为。故选A项。
45. B 【解析】考查形容词词义辨析。句意：自2012年以来，他非凡的技能已经让他抓住了抢劫、恐怖主义和谋杀未遂等犯罪嫌疑人。 A. exhausted精疲力竭的；B. attempted （犯罪或非法行为） 未遂的；C. threatened受到威胁的；感到危险的；D. understood被充分理解的；心照不宣的。根据前文“His __43__ skill has seen him catch suspects”可知，嫌疑犯已被逮捕，因此可推知，应是“attempted murder”，意为“谋杀未遂”。故选B项。
46. C 【解析】考查形容词词义辨析。句意：到2018年，这个超级“识别器”已经识别出1000名罪犯。A. weak虚弱的；B. little小的；很少的；C. super顶好的；超级的；D. healthy健康的。结合语境可知，“recognizer”应是指代这位有着人脸识别能力的警察，且根据后文“had spotted 1,000 criminals by 2018”可知，到2018年，他已经识别出1000名罪犯，因此应是C项“super”用来修饰他的超级识别能力。故选C项。
47. C 【解析】考查形容词词义辨析。句意：尽管他的技巧“难以解释”，但他基于直觉做出的判断通常是正确的。A. able能够；（某方面）擅长的；B. fundamental十分重大的；根本的；C. impossible不可能的；D. illegal非法的；违法的。根据后文“his judgments based on his instinct”可知，他的判断基于他的直觉，因此，这种能力无法解释。故选C项。
48. D 【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意：去年，他凭借这种能力抓获了406人，其中16人在一天内就被抓获；今年，43岁的他已成功帮助逮捕了100多名嫌疑人，甚至还识别出了在疫情期间戴着口罩的通缉犯。A. score分数；B. exam考试；（对身体特定部位进行的）检查；C. order顺序；治安；D. ability能力。与前文表达“能力”含义的“skill”相呼应，这里应是“ability”表“能力”。故选D项。
49.B 【解析】考查副词词义辨析。句意：去年，他凭借这种能力抓获了406人，其中16人在一天内就被抓获；今年，43岁的他已成功帮助逮捕了100多名嫌疑人，甚至还识别出了在疫情期间戴着口罩的通缉犯。A. yet还；但是；已经；B. just只是；仅仅；恰好；C. still仍然；还；D. hardly几乎不。结合句子“Last year, his ___48___ led to 406 people being caught, including 16 in ___49___ one day”含义可知，一天就抓捕了16名犯罪嫌疑人，所选副词应是起到强调作用，“仅仅一天”。故选B项。
50.A 【解析】考查动词词义辨析。句意：去年，他凭借这种能力抓获了406人，其中16人在一天内就被抓获；今年，43岁的他已成功帮助逮捕了100多名嫌疑人，甚至还识别出了在疫情期间戴着口罩的通缉犯。A. arrest逮捕；拘留；B. meet遇见；相识；C. think思考；认为；D. go走；离开。根据后文宾语“over a hundred suspects”为“超过100名嫌疑人”可知，所选动词应是“抓捕；逮捕”。故选A项。
51. C 【解析】考查动词词义辨析。句意：去年，他凭借这种能力抓获了406人，其中16人在一天内就被抓获；今年，43岁的他已成功帮助逮捕了100多名嫌疑人，甚至还识别出了在疫情期间戴着口罩的通缉犯。A. admitted承认；准许进入；B. controlled控制；C. wanted想要；希望；D. followed跟随；遵循。根据后文“who were wearing ___52___ during the pandemic”可知，这些罪犯应是佩戴了东西，作了“伪装”以免被认出来，应是“通缉犯（wanted criminals）”的行为。故选C项。
52. A 【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意：去年，他凭借这种能力抓获了406人，其中16人在一天内就被抓获；今年，43岁的他已成功帮助逮捕了100多名嫌疑人，甚至还识别出了在疫情期间戴着口罩的通缉犯。A. masks面具；口罩；B. glasses玻璃杯；酒杯；C. coats外套；覆盖层；D. caps便帽；制服帽。根据后文时间状语“during the pandemic”可知，是疫情期间，人们会戴口罩，且与后文“face coverings”相呼应，应是A项“masks”。故选A项。
53. D 【解析】考查动词短语词义辨析。句意：安迪在西米德兰兹郡警察局工作，他说他一直依靠直觉来抓住罪犯，尽管面罩让罪犯比以往更难抓住。A. living on以……为收入来源；以……为主食；B. working at从事于……；致力于……；C. looking for寻找；D. depending on依赖；取决于。与前文“his judgments based on his instinct are usually right”中“based on(基于)”相呼应，应是D项“depending on”。故选D项。
54. A 【解析】考查形容词词义辨析。句意：安迪在西米德兰兹郡警察局工作，他说他一直依靠直觉来抓住罪犯，尽管面罩让罪犯比以往更难抓住。A. harder更难的；更坚固的；B. professional职业的；专业的C. happier更快乐的；更幸福的；D. nicer良好的。结合语境可知，空前宾语“them”应是指代犯罪嫌疑人或罪犯，且根据前文“face coverings”可知，戴了脸部遮盖物比如口罩的罪犯或嫌疑人比以往更难抓捕。故选A项。
55. B【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意：他的技能让这位警官在2020年英国安普里芬勇敢奖的挑战类别中获得了成功。A. loss损失；B. success成功；大获成功的人或事物；C. leader领导者；D. cheat最佳的人（或物）。根据后文“inners in some of the other fields included well-known Manchester United soccer___56___ and ‘free kids meals’ hero Marcus Rashford, as well as NHS fundraiser Captain Sir Tom Moore.(其他领域的获奖人物包括著名的曼联球星、“儿童免费餐点”的英雄马库斯•拉什福德，以及NHS资金筹集者队长汤姆•摩尔爵士。)”可知，他像他们一样获得了2020年英国安普里芬勇敢奖，这是一种成功。故选B项。
56. C 【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意：其他领域的获奖人物包括著名的曼联球星、“儿童免费餐点”的英雄马库斯•拉什福德，以及NHS资金筹集者队长汤姆•摩尔爵士。A. shop商店；B. match火柴；比赛；C. star星星；才华出众者；D. image形象；声誉。与前文“well-known”相呼应，应是选项C“star”，“soccer star”，意为“足球明星”。故选C项。
57. B 【解析】考查动词词义辨析。句意：平均每隔一次轮班就有一次（人脸）识别，他也因自己在人脸识别方面出色的能力而成为世界上首批成立超级识别者协会的20人之一。A. memorized记住；B. became变得；成为；C. ensured保证；确保；D. grasped抓紧；抓牢；领悟。根据后文“one of the first 20 people in the world to form part of the Super Recognisers Association in ___48___ for his wonderful ability.”可知，他应是因自己的出色才能成为这个组织中的一员。故选B项。
58.D 【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意：平均每隔一次轮班就有一次（人脸）识别，他也因自己在人脸识别方面出色的能力而成为世界上首批成立超级识别者协会的20人之一。A. patent专利权；专利证书；B. administration管理；行政；施行；C. suspect嫌疑犯；D. recognition认识；识别。结合语境可知，后文“his wonderful ability”所指的他出色的能力应是在人脸识别方面的能力。故选D项。
59. A 【解析】考查动词词义辨析。句意：虽然这一年不同于以往，但他仍然像往常一样进行着同样的准备。A. carried搬运；携带；B. relied依赖；依靠；C. written书写；写信；D. looked看；寻找。分析可知，前文“Although it’s been a year like no other”为让步状语从句，后文应与其之间为转折关系，即，即使今年很特殊，但他没有改变，他仍然过着与以往一样的生活。“carry on”，意为“继续”，符合语境表达。故选A项。
60. D 【解析】考查动词词义辨析。句意：对他来说，像往常一样协助抓捕罪犯和维护公众安全是很重要的。A. consist由……组成（或构成）；存在于；B. believe相信；认为；C. reduce减少；缩小（尺寸、数量、价格等）；D. assist帮助；协助。根据前文“Last year, his ___48___led to 406 people being caught, including 16 in ___49___ one day, and this year the 43-year-old has managed to help __50__over a hundred suspects...”可知，Andy Pope是利用自己的人脸识别能力帮助抓捕犯罪嫌疑人，“assist in doing sth”，“帮助做某事”，符合语境表达。故选D项。
The theme of the Earth Day celebration this year is plastics-specifically how to decrease 61. （they）unwanted impacts on our environment. What was perhaps set in place in the mid-20th century 62. plastic was manufactured on a large scale has come back to trouble us.
Plastic refuse is everywhere. It’s 63. （big）than Texas in the Pacific garbage patch（带）, and it’s as small as the micro plastics getting eaten by fish and turned out on our dinner plates.
Some environmental groups are leading grassroots movements to cut back on the use of common plastics like straws；the U. K. even recently advised 64. （pass）a law to ban them. It’s one accumulative way to cut back on the great 91 percent of plastic that is not recycled.
Jonathan Baillie, chief scientist of the National Geographic Society, says that addressing this issue 65. （require）fundamental changes. “First, we should place greater value on the natural world.” he says Then, we are supposed 66. （commit）ourselves to protecting regions like the Amazon and Congo that house critical environments. Lastly, he notes, we need to innovate more 67. （rapid）. Producing protein for consumption more efficiently and fostering renewable energy resources will help reduce 68. impacts of what he sees as the Earth’s greatest: threats. "Fundamentally, if we care 69. the natural world, we will value and protect it and make 70. （decision）that ensure the future of species and ecosystems.
64.passing 【解析】考查现在分词。句意：英国最近甚至建议通过一项法律来禁止它们。固定用法advise doing sth，意为建议做某事。故填passing。
65.requires 【解析】考查时态。句意：要解决这个问题，需要做出根本性的改变。根据分析句子及语意，可知从句主语为“addressing this issue”，设空处为谓语，结合时态为一般现在时，谓语应用单数形式。故填requires。
66. to commit 【解析】考查动词不定式。句意：然后，我们应该致力于保护像亚马逊和刚果这样的环境恶劣的地区。固定用法be supposed to do sth.，意为应该做某事。故填to commit。
68.the 【解析】考查冠词。句意：更有效地生产供消费的蛋白质，培育可再生能源，将有助于减少他所认为的地球上最大的影响。根据“impacts of what he sees”可知此处应是特指。故填the。
69. for/about 【解析】考查介词。句意：从根本上说，如果我们关心自然世界，我们就会珍惜和保护它，并做出决定，确保物种和生态系统的未来。根据语意“关心”，可知应用短语care about/for。故填for/about。
70. decisions 【解析】考查名词。句意：从根本上说，如果我们关心自然世界，我们就会珍惜和保护它，并做出决定，确保物种和生态系统的未来。根据分析句子及语意，结合后文谓语动词“ensure”没有用单数形式，可知“decision”在此处应是复数概念。故填decisions。
I’m glad to share some idea about garbage classification with you, which was a hot topic these days all over China. To my understand, we should do whatever we can support it. After all, the earth is home to everyone and it’s our duty to provide a health environment voluntarily. Garbage classification isn’t easy in the beginning, and it’s meaningful. By doing so, it will do many good to the recycling of valuable resources. For our environment and life, we are expecting to learn to sort the rubbish and make it as a habit. Every individual can make the difference and bring a bright future for our planet.
An English speech contest with the theme of Seize Today was held in our school hall last Friday morning, which drew the attention of every student and teacher.
Twenty students from different classes competed in it. All the participants made wonderful speeches around the theme. At the end of the contest, two foreign teachers commented on several participants' speeches and gave some helpful suggestions. Finally, there was an award ceremony for the winners.
Everyone thinks highly of this activity, for it is not only a good chance to help the students improve their oral English but also enriches our school life.